By Stephen F. Holder, Times Staff Writer
Saturday, February 2, 2013
The quotable Warren Sapp
• "It's not so much what's expected of you because you always shoot for the moon. And if you miss, you're among the stars."
• "Except for that last drive (on which the Patriots went up 30-13), we basically handed it to them."
• "I've always said I'll take the ugly win to the Picasso loss any day of the week."
• "It's a pleasure to come to work every day because I get to work on my stuff. I get to sharpen my knife. And when it's sharp, you're going to get cut."
• "Without making plays, I've got nothing to talk about."
• "I don't think any of those other defenses that came in (to the Super Bowl) ranked No. 1 had to face the type of offense that we had to face. And we put the choke hold on them."
• "Chicks dig the long ball. The wide receivers have always been prima donnas and pretty boys. They are big-time players. The thing with (Terrell) Owens is he makes so much noise, it's like an empty wagon going down the road. Just go play."